11 Mar 5 fun ideas for your wedding day
Weddings are for making memories, for the bridal couple and the members of their wedding party. If you are getting married on the coast, here are our most popular suggestions to stay calm and relaxed before the wedding:
1. Walk the greens
Golf is always a safe bet for a group activity – whether you’re all serious about the game or just enjoy a bit of pitch and putt. There are three courses here on the coast:
- Pender Harbour Golf Course, which is convenient for weddings held in Egmont and Madeira Park or Pender Harbour (West Coast Wilderness Lodge, Painted Boat Resort and Rockwater Secret Cove Resort). Information: www.pendergolf.ca
- Sechelt Golf Course, which is ideal for Sechelt and Halfmoon Bay area weddings (Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, Seaside Centre, Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden). Information: www.secheltgolfclub.com
- Sunshine Coast Golf Course, which is close to Roberts Creek and Gibsons area weddings (Roberts Creek Golf Course, Gibsons Public Market, Roberts Creek Hall, Chaster House, YMCA Langdale). Information: www.sunshinecoastgolf.com
2. Burn off that nervous energy.
Coastal Weddings planners Kori and Melissa both spend many hours getting ready for wedding season at Valhalla, their favourite gym. Have some laughs and gear up for the big day with a private coaching boot camp session. Get more details: www.valhallagym.ca
3. Tune in, chill out, shape up.
Yoga is a popular option for bridal parties, especially if you want an activity for the entire wedding party. Book an instructor lead a private class or join in on a class at a local Yoga studio. Information: www.blissfulyogasechelt.com/schedule.html
4. Catch some waves.
Depending where you are getting married there are some awesome kayak rental companies. Head out on the water for a few hours – just make sure to watch the clock, wear life jackets, and head back in PLENTY of time. Many of these companies also rent stand-up paddle boards and canoes if your group prefers. Here are some we recommend:
5. Go fishing.
The Sunshine Coast is a great fishing destination for avid sports fishermen and those just looking to cast a line to see what they can get. And who knows what new stories you might have to share at the reception?! Go early, wear LOTS of sunscreen, and be warned that you may be hooked for life. Check out: www.bc-fishingcharters.com and www.trophycharters.ca